Browse Items (11 total)

  • Tags: El Paso

865 Evangelical Church County Treasurer Paper August 17 1887 MAUMC.jpg
The Evangelical Church parsonage was built on lots 84 and 85 of Georgie Avenue.

On pages 11 and 12 of the Madison Avenue United Methodist Church 1868-1968 history, "the trustees of the church bought two lots from the El Paso town company July 2,…

El-Paso-Town-Plat-Map-1871.gif
Digital image of the original plat map of El Paso, Kansas filed with the Sedgwick County Register of Deeds in July 1871 by J. Hout Minnich and John Hufbauer.

All blocks 300 feet square. Baltimore & Georgie Avenues Main & Market Streets 100 ft…

Garrett Homestead.jpg
Alexander and Margaret (Dickson) Garrett were the first settlers to put down roots in what was first El Paso and was renamed Derby, Kansas. In 1869, the area was considered Indian Territory (Osage Trust Lands) and had many transient traders, trappers…

El Paso Cemetery.jpg
El Paso Cemetery sits on a slight hill in the center of Derby but was once surrounded by farmland and was about a mile southeast of the growing settlement. In 1878, the cemetery opened, 9 years after the Garrett family staked a claim near the bank of…

Arkansas River.jpg
In 1871, Dr. Henry Clay Tucker arrived in this area from Ohio and began practicing medicine. With no bridge across the Arkansas River, he often swam across to tend to patients west of the river.

In 1873, an influx of people to El Paso, Kansas…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2