The Carlton Family circa 1876

95 Carlton Family 1876 Debbie Avenell.jpg

Title

The Carlton Family circa 1876

Description

Franklin S. and Lucinda Carlton came to Sedgwick County in December 1871 initially purchasing 400 acres along the Arkansas River and by 1888 his land totaled 1,000 acres. They built a house located on Oliver between 47th and 55th on the west side

Back row (left to right): William, Charles, and John Carlton; front row (left to right): Mary S., Franklin S., and Lucinda (Blevins) Carlton.

Source

Debbie Avenell